Perovskite solar cells are a remarkably cheap solar cell technology and have achieved remarkable growth since their inception a decade ago, sharply increasing in efficiency from 3.8% to 25.2%, near to their theoretical efficiency. Perovskite solar cells are a new technology and still needs to be scaled up for commercial applications, but perovskites have the potential to revolutionise the energy harvesting market, with cheap, high efficiency solar energy in the near future.
If you’d like to support us make bigger and better content, please check out our Patreon:
Please consider following us on the following media platforms:
We’d like to give a special thank you to Samuele from Bullaki ltd, for permission to use, and sending us, fantastic lab footage in the manufacturing of perovskite solar cells:
Scientific Video Protocols (Bullaki ltd), Back-Contact Perovskite Solar Cells | Prof. Sir Richard Friend et al. (University of Cambridge)
Bullaki ltd, Spray Coated Perovskite Solar Cells,
Global Energy Graphs –
SEM Images of OPV:
Cardinaletti, Ilaria, et al. “Toward bulk heterojunction polymer solar cells with thermally stable active layer morphology.” Journal of Photonics for Energy 4.1 (2014): 040997.
Roy, Priyanka, et al. “A review on perovskite solar cells: Evolution of architecture, fabrication techniques, commercialization issues and status.” Solar Energy 198 (2020): 665-688.
Revolutionizing solar power with perovskites | Sam Stranks | HT Summit 2017 –
NREL Chart –
Solar Cell Manufacturing:
Stock footage provided by Videvo, downloaded from www.videvo.net
 – Revolutionizing solar power with perovskites | Sam Stranks | HT Summit 2017
 – “Cost and Performance Characteristics of New Generating Technologies, Annual Energy Outlook 2019” (PDF). U.S. Energy Information Administration. 2019.
 – NREL Best Research-Cell Efficiency Chart
 – Chamberlain, G.A., 1983. Organic solar cells: A review. Solar cells, 8(1), pp.47-83.
 – Xiao, Z. and Yan, Y., 2017. Progress in theoretical study of metal halide perovskite solar cell materials. Advanced Energy Materials, 7(22), p.1701136.
 – Saliba, M., Matsui, T., Seo, J.Y., Domanski, K., Correa-Baena, J.P., Nazeeruddin, M.K., Zakeeruddin, S.M., Tress, W., Abate, A., Hagfeldt, A. and Grätzel, M., 2016. Cesium-containing triple cation perovskite solar cells: improved stability, reproducibility and high efficiency. Energy & environmental science, 9(6), pp.1989-1997.
 – Konstantakou, M. and Stergiopoulos, T., 2017. A critical review on tin halide perovskite solar cells. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 5(23), pp.11518-11549.
 – Bullaki, The Path to Perovskite on Silicon PV | Prof. Henry Snaith,
 – Perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells approaching 30% efficiency in lab,
 – Advanced Science News, Almost 40% conversion efficiency predicted in new perovskite solar cell,
 – Liu, Z., Sofia, S.E., Laine, H.S., Woodhouse, M., Wieghold, S., Peters, I.M. and Buonassisi, T., 2020. Revisiting thin silicon for photovoltaics: a technoeconomic perspective. Energy & Environmental Science.
00:00 – Introduction
01:46 – Some Basic Solar Cell Physics
02:17 – Silicon
03:12 – Organic Solar Cells
03:52 – Perovskite Solar Cells
05:18 – Tandem Solar Cells
06:02 – The Future of Perovskites
07:13 – Outro
#SolarEnergy #Perovskites #Renewables #OurEden